miércoles, 13 de febrero de 2013

USB 3.1 First and Second Generation



USB 3.1 First and Second Generation

Hi, fellows of Cyberspace, today I want to talk about USB 3.1 and several of its improvements, let us start.
In January 2013, the USB group revealed plans to upgrade USB 3.0 to 10 Gbit / s (yes you read it right). This led to the creation of a new terminal called, USB 3.1, or USB SuperSpeed was released on July 31, 2013.
But this was not so in the beginning since the first generation USB 3.1 ports have the same characteristics in speed that the USB 3.0 what changes are the introduction of the USB C-Type.
Now in the second generation, USB 3.1 SuperSpeed + these already have a vivacity of 10 Gbit / s
There is perfect compatibility between the first and second generation.

Update 07/08/2017

I was finally able to purchase a PCIe host adapter for the second generation USB 3.1 BIOS Type A.
Therefore, I have to work to test its speed.
I have tried it on two different computers, with very similar results

  • Computer A: is an Intel I5 third generation, with a 3.1 GHz CPU and a 64-bit system with a 4GB RAM

  • Computer B: is an Intel Core I7 CPU 2.30GHz 64 bit system with an 8GBy RAM

I will not deny that I have been disappointed a bit since I never reached the 10 Gbit / s I was between 7 and 8 Gbit / s.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario